And more questions, (and their answers) from another Fellow Traveller.
- Polyamory: Philosophy vs. Reality (lanesoflove.wordpress.com)
- A rather rambly, joyous post (rhetcomppolydiss.wordpress.com)
- The Pros and Cons of Polygamy and Turkey Leftovers (donotgetsickinthesinkplease.wordpress.com)
- On Any Other Path (pearlsandpentagrams.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Gifts and Polyamory (seattlepolychick.com)
- Why We Need More Sex Labels. ~ Lyla Cicero (elephantjournal.com)
If you follow this blog, chances are, you still have some questions about polyamory. Maybe you even have bunches of questions. Consider this post my attempt to answer some of those.
What kinds of people are “polyamorous”?
Maybe your neighbor is, or your teacher, or your best friend. Sometimes poly people don’t have big mouths, so it’s hard to know. But, generally speaking, poly people come from all backgrounds. There are, however, a high number who have advanced degrees, work as computer and health care professionals, are science fiction fans, pagans, gay men/women, transgender/transsexuals, and bisexuals (this understanding comes from my general reading on the topic). It seems like lots of folks in the kink/bdsm scene are poly, too.
Isn’t “poly” just another word for swinging?
Nope! Swingers are relatively more common than polyamorous people. Yes, they practice a form of non-monogamy, as does polyamorists; however, swingers’ foci are more…
View original post 637 more words