Another outstanding blog we read…
From one of the blogs we think highly of…
And more questions, (and their answers) from another Fellow Traveller.
- Polyamory: Philosophy vs. Reality (lanesoflove.wordpress.com)
- A rather rambly, joyous post (rhetcomppolydiss.wordpress.com)
- The Pros and Cons of Polygamy and Turkey Leftovers (donotgetsickinthesinkplease.wordpress.com)
- On Any Other Path (pearlsandpentagrams.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Gifts and Polyamory (seattlepolychick.com)
- Why We Need More Sex Labels. ~ Lyla Cicero (elephantjournal.com)
Another fellow traveller discussing “their” polyamory. It’s refreshing to see so many different takes, and all of them equally valid.
- A Guide to Introverted Polys, Featuring Pie (modernpoly.com)
- The Silliest Things I’ve Ever Heard: Poly Misconceptions (pearlsandpentagrams.wordpress.com)
- ‘Polyamory’: the next civil rights movement? (lifesitenews.com)
As with any fairly smallish group, when it comes to polyamory bizarre stereotypes abound. While I could (and probably will, with with BloggyWriMo/NaBloPoMo) expound on many of them, today I’m gonna stick with one: the idea that poly people are all massively extroverted social butterflies. I can see where this one came from. After all, the whole idea of polyamory is that you’re up for having more than one partner. It’s not a vast jump from “likes to have more partners than I do” to “likes spending a whole lot of time with lots of different people”. And while plenty poly people are like that, there’s also a lot of us for whom that isn’t true. So from one somewhat-introverted poly person to you lot, here’s why it works for me.
Smaller, closer groups
….the rest is at the Tea Cosy’s new home. Pop over!